1. READINGS: Always send copies of your readings to the readers in advance for them to practice. Have extra copies on hand during the rehearsal, and on the podium/table during the ceremony in a very large font.
2. RUNNERS: In a church ceremony where there are many aisles, lay and tape the runner down in advance of the ceremony. Block the aisle with garland and have guests escorted down the side aisles. It is a beautiful statement as guests arrive and assures a smooth procession.
3. PROGRAMS: Remember you really only need to print one per couple. Have your planner or one of the ushers place a program on the seats of the participants in the procession so they have a copy once the arrive in their place.
4. REHEARSALS: Always have one - no matter how simple the ceremony. Remember Friday traffic especially in Summer and plan your timing accordingly. Always have readers practice .
5. BATHROOMS: Make sure your ushers know where they are , they will be asked. Why not donate some beautiful soap and lotion as well. Even if your guests don't use it the parishioners will enjoy it.
6. EYES ON THE BRIDE: I always tell my wedding parties that if they keep their eyes on the bride , they will be standing the right way.
7. LEAD WITH YOUR HEART: If you process down the aisle with your heart leading the way, you will be standing straight with shoulders back.
8. RECESSIONAL : Walk slow. Smile Big. Have a plan on where the Bridal Party will recess to if you are not having a receiving line. An automatic receiving line will form if everyone is not tucked away somewhere.
9. DIRECTIONS: Even if you have sent in advance, make sure you have copies of directions to reception available.
10. CLEANING: Make sure someone stays behind to pick up programs and other items left behind. This burden should not fall on the church. He/She can also bring any flowers you are not leaving at the church to the reception for you.